Grow Healthy Babies - The Evidence-Based Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy and Reducing Your Child's Risk of Asthma Eczema and Allergies
Publisher: Victor Henning, Ph.D.
A practical, easy guide for expecting parents, Grow Healthy Babies provides clear and simple steps for a healthy pregnancy and preventing chronic diseases including asthma, eczema, and allergies. Written by lifelong allergy sufferers who wanted their own children to grow up healthy, this is the comprehensive guidebook every parent needs.
As parents, we wish for our children to live happy, healthy lives - but we are facing an epidemic of chronic diseases. Half of all babies born today will develop allergies, and up to a third will become asthmatic or suffer from eczema. You don't have to accept these odds.
Through simple and natural food & lifestyle choices during and after pregnancy, you can lower your baby's risk of developing a chronic illness by up to 90 percent. Referencing over 660 scientific studies, Grow Healthy Babies shows you how.
- How friendly bacteria, your microbiome, shape both your and your baby's immune system
- Which foods, supplements, birth choices, and feeding practices make a real difference to your baby's health
- Why environmental factors and certain household products can trigger chronic disease, and how to choose healthier alternatives
This book shows you how to let your and your baby's health flourish, thus increasing your baby's chances of growing up happy, strong, and free from the burden of chronic disease.
Praise for Grow Healthy Babies:
"This is an impressive book. With the depth and quality of information, logical flow, consistency and balance, this is something that everyone planning a family urgently needs to read. It goes straight to the top of my recommended book list for our students!"
- Richard Burton, Founder and Director, Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health
"Grow Healthy Babies is a great starting point for those who want to understand how to avoid one of the most mysterious and troublesome trends in modern life: kids that are, with each new generation, more and more allergic—and more vulnerable to inflammatory conditions in general. Many of the recommendations it contains have achieved something like “common sense” status among microbiologists (...) This book is a good evidence-based guide to get parents thinking about how to better play the odds of their children developing allergic and other chronic diseases."
- Moises Velasquez-Manoff, Author of An Epidemic of Absence: A New Way of Understanding Allergies And Autoimmune Diseases
"This book is a brilliant feat. Michelle and Victor take a huge amount of research and sift through it in a logical way, with a structure that flows clearly. Here's to growing healthy babies and children!"
- Simone Davies, Bestselling Author of The Montessori Toddler
"A fantastic accomplishment. It is easy to read, incredibly well researched and has enough history, personal touches, and detail to make it an exciting read, not just a simple guideline for new parents. As a physician, I understand the difficulty of explaining very complex issues in a way that can be understood by new parents seeking out the best information to raise healthy children. And as a parent I know how important this information is. This is a truly excellent book and I will definitely be getting copies for all my friends planning to have children."
- Dr Lowan Stewart MD, former Clinical Assistant Professor, Oregon Health & Science University; Emergency Physician & Medical Researcher; CSV Regional Medical Center, Santa Fe